Need Some Help?
Workshops don't have to be hard to do! Check out some Workshop Tips and Tricks from your NASC state board!
1. Have Engaging Activities: it's not a Lecture!
2. Be Creative
3. Be Passionate!
4. Reel People in with an Opening Activity
5. Communication is Key! Don't be Afraid to Ask for Help
6. Have a Variety of Visuals
7. Clear and Consistent! Themes are fun too!
8. Be an Enthusiastic Presenter!
9. Practice makes Perfect
10. Be Connected to your Topic
11. Make a Handout to Summarize your Topic
12. Know your Stuff!
13. Make it Last! It's not about the 40 minutes you have with them, it's what they do with it after that counts!
State Board Workshop Documents:
Distinguished Student Leader
Silver Star Award
National Council of Excellence